Streamlining efficiencies in the delivery of over one million training modules per week.
- The SANS Institute, a global leader in information security training and certification, needed a faster, scalable and more streamlined solution to deliver and manage training content for 165,000 information security professionals and six million knowledge workers annually.
- Keeping training content up to date across their 70 LMSs is of great importance but has traditionally been a very time-consuming effort.
- Other challenges included multiple language needs of learners, and a total lack of visibility into content usage patterns and license controls.
- Rustici Software collaborated with SANS on a revolutionary solution called Content Controller, which allows SANS to greatly streamline their process while providing much-needed usage data and easing the job of customer training administrators.
- Content Controller ensures that the most current version of content is always served to learners. Content providers can finally monitor access and set access user limits.
- Streamlined language support means that LMS admins assign the content and the user can select from 28 available languages.
- Usage data and question-level analytics supply the content provider with valuable insights where none existed before.
- Rustici Software’s solution allows SANS to deliver upwards of one million training modules per week. A 90% reduction in time spent updating existing content has resulted in saving $100,000 in employee costs per year. Additional income has resulted from ensuring customers are now paying for the right number of learners.